What can I claim compensation for

There are two types of compensation you can claim.

General damages

General damages are for the pain, suffering and loss of amenity you have had to cope with after an injury.

Special damages

Special damages are for money you've had to pay or earnings you have lost because of an accident. They can include loss of future earnings too.

Special damages compensation can also cover:

  • damage to clothing or other belongings;
  • the cost of medical treatment;
  • travel costs to hospital for you and visiting relatives;
  • ongoing care, therapy or counselling to help you recover from or cope with your injury; and
  • the cost of hiring a car or repairing the one damaged in an accident.

If you need to spend money for things related to your accident or injury, you should keep receipts if you can. This will make it easier to claim the money back as part of special damages.

To speak to our Personal Injury Department then call today on 0800 652 6547