We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact Christine Nestor, our complaints partner. You can write to her at 13/14 Liverpool Terrace, Worthing West Sussex BN11 1TQ.
What will happen next?
We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within 2 days of us receiving your complaint.
We will record your complaint on our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will do this within a day of receiving your complaint.
We will acknowledge your reply to our acknowledgement letter and confirm what will happen next. You can expect to hear from us within 3 days of your reply.
We will then start to investigate your complaint. This may involve one or more of the following steps:
- We may ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint within 5 days
- We may examine their reply and the information in your complaint file. We may ask them for more information. This will take up to 3 days from receiving their reply and the file.
We will invite you to meet Ms Nestor to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We will do this within 3 days of receiving all the details we need from the member of staff who acted for you.
Within 2 days of the meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include our suggestions for resolving the matter. This will happen within 5 days of us completing our investigation. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can write to us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:
- Ms Nestor will review her own decision within 5 days.
- We will arrange for someone in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it. They will do this within 10 days.
- We will invite you to agree to independent mediation. We will let you know how long this process will take.
We will let you know the result of the review within 5 days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. We will also give you the name and address of the Legal Ombudsman. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.