If you are interested in any of the following positions, please send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Private Client Solicitor
£40,000 - £60,000/annum
GWCA Solicitors provide legal services for individuals and businesses, with offices in Arundel, Broadwater, Goring, Hove, Lancing, Rustington, Steyning and Worthing.
We take pride in always offering a professional service.
A new position has arisen within GWCA for a qualified Private Client Solicitor.
Roles and Responsibilities
Managing a varied probate caseload through to conclusion, including both grant only and estate administration with a mix of complex and straight forward cases. Working autonomously to proactively take on areas of file handling with minimum supervision.
Always Providing excellent client care.
A Law Degree / Solicitor / CILEX / TEP or equivalent vocational experience in legal services with at least 5 years’ experience managing estate administration cases.
Knowledge of private client work and a willingness to proactively develop technical expertise and keep up to date with legal developments.
- Strong communication skills.
- Administering complex, taxable estates in accordance with the relevant laws and in a timely manner
- Communicating and maintaining a relationship with clients and associates via letter, email and telephone
- Collecting relevant financial information for our solicitor to submit the probate application.
- Liaising with solicitors in relation to the probate application and HM Revenue & Customs queries on taxable estates
- Collection or transfer of assets to the beneficiaries.
- Handling the transfer or sale of the deceased property, to include liaising with estate agents, solicitors, and executors.
- Completing and submitting relevant income tax returns
- Reconciling Executor accounts
- Drafting and completing estate accounts, reconciled to the Executor account.
- Obtaining Executor approval of estate accounts
- Completing adequate searches in order to settle the estate upon completion of the administration.
- Ensuring deadlines are being met on own files and files within team.
- Ensuring policies and procedures are being followed.
25 Days Annual Leave, Birthday Day off, Eye care scheme, Christmas shutdown, Long Service Awards